Monday, March 3, 2008

not my usual monday

Today was a pretty normal day, but when I really think about it there were lots of good things that happened to me. Usually Mondays kind of suck but, maybe because of the awesome weather, I was in a really good mood.

  • I went to church last night and it was a really nice experience. I love the Canisius chapel and always feel so at peace when I’m there. Last night was the candle lit mass, which is my favorite. But it was extra special last night. My friend is going through the classes to be confirmed and as part of the class they have to go to church every Sunday night. They are incorporated in the mass someway every week which is really nice. Last night, they lined all the candidates in the aisle to be blessed and asked everyone to stand next to their friends to show their support. My friend didn’t realize I was at mass so when I walked up next to her she was really surprised and happy. It was just very meaningful and I was happy to be part of it.

  • Today started out as a really good day. You know how some morning are just easier than others? Well that was what today was like. My alarm went off (I usually loathe my alarm) and I was wide awake. I strolled to class in the beautiful weather and was just in a good mood. The best part though? Remember this exam? Wellll... I did fail it with less than a 50 the first time I took it. The professor gave me an extension to retake the exam this semester. It took one frantic night of studying with Mike for me to learn enough to pass. I returned the book today, so the class is literally out of my hands now!

  • I had a good day at work too. I worked with 2 girls on their homework then helped them study for a math test. Math is definitely not my strongest subject but I can handle the 3rd grade curriculum. Studying turned into playing school and I became the student. (Playing school is still way more fun if you get to be the teacher…) I solved a division problem the girls thought was especially difficult and I became the class genius! They even gave me a parade for solving it! (Someone should tell my logic teacher I deserve a parade for passing!) But more than just getting praised for solving a problem, I really got through to these girls. It was nice to see that I could make learning fun for them and actually have fun myself.

  • 1 grad school interview down, 3 to go!! Yes interviews suck, but at least I got this far! :)

  • Now I’m ending a good day with a great night. I have an early doctor’s appointment tomorrow so I’m home for the night. I got a real home cooked meal and I get to sleep in my own bed. Which I am going to do right now!

No comments: