Monday, December 31, 2007
This year, Louis and were in the den watching a movie after everyone left the big Christmas Eve party. I woke up at about 3 AM and realized that we were both sleeping in the same room like we used to. At about 5, Lou told me we had to go up to bed because otherwise Santa wouldn't come.
Even though Christmas is way different than it used to be, I coudn't have been happier. I got plenty of time loving Addie, saw Maeve and Julia open tons of presents, and took a long nap with Miles. It was a very merry Christmas!
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
- I didn’t take my hard exam today. Instead I went to my professor’s office to review and make sure I was ready. He told me I’m not and I probably would get less than a 50 if I tried to take it today. So I cried. In his office. Haha! Then he told me it would all be ok and gave me his cell phone number in case I needed someone to talk to. How much do you wanna bet I’ll be getting a call from the psych office tomorrow?
- Cecilia, Esther, and Mike all made me care packages for finals week
- Cecilia’s had brownies, hot chocolate mix, a stress ball, an awesome mug with pictures of me all over it, and fun pens and highlighters.
- Esther’s had delicious study snacks: a Clementine, an apple, some ho-hos, pop rocks, chocolate covered pretzels and some pop corn.
- Mikey’s had a Starbucks mocha frappuccino and a 22 oz Blue Light.
My siblings know exactly what I like.
- A little boy at work today wet his pants while he was talking to me. He’s 4 and he’s not potty trained. Another little girl wiped a booger on her homework. I pretended I didn’t see it because it was just too gross to have to clean up. Plus I think it will be funny when the teacher is grading it.
- I haven’t started Christmas shopping yet. I hope I can go shopping on Friday and get most of it done in a day, but realistically I will probably be finishing on the 24th.
- I'm going home on Friday night for dinner for Mikey's birthday. I can't wait! I get to see everyone, plus Mimi and Aunt Esther are here and I haven't seen them yet. It will be a great end to this week!
Monday, December 10, 2007
- Leah's was much cuter, but this was a good way for my roommates to procrastinate! http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1288804766
- So, my GRE scores sucked... but my advisor is telling me not to retake them. He said I'm putting too much emphasis on these grades and that grad schools don't put as much importance on them as I think. Statistically, my chances of doing way better are pretty low. And since my verbal grade wasn't horrible, there's a chance that I could actually lower my score. He told me to focus on making my applications (mostly my personal statement) perfect and to stop freaking out. So, what do you think? Any advice?
- I have my hardest exam tomorrow. Then 3 papers due by Friday.
- I didn't get any good pictures of my outfit at the holiday sweater party, but maybe you'll be lucky enough to see it in person.
I'll let you know if I survive the rest of the week!
Thursday, December 6, 2007
in other news, i bought a fabulous christmas sweater vest for a tacky holiday sweater party. and a turtle neck with wreaths on it. from sears. don't worry, you'll see pictures.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
7 days in the library, my new home.
2 days til I take the GRE's. I'd love to say I've been studying like crazy and I'm totally prepared... but I haven't, and I'm not.
4 presentations done in 2 weeks. That's a lot of powerpoints.
2 exams on Friday. I'm sure the first thing I'll want to do on Thursday night when I get home from the GRE's is to STUDY some more.
2 papers due. 1 tomorrow, 1 Friday.
7 grad school applications to complete.
1 awesome care package from Cecilia, with the most delicious brownies ever!
0 brownies left.
0 phone calls returned.
5 days til finals week even starts... and a whole new list to complete!
21 days til CHRISTMAS!!! I CAN'T WAIT!
Sunday, November 25, 2007
She woke up at about 7 AM on Friday and I was not ready to be awake. So I turned on some cartoons and went back to sleep. I was startled awake when Julia yelled, “look Mooey, there’s a mouse!” I shot up and looked around my room for the unwelcome rodent. I asked her to point to exactly where she saw the mouse. She pointed at the cartoon on TV.
This weekend was a nice preview of what Christmas break will be like. Only 3 weeks left!
Monday, November 19, 2007
I have an outline, a powerpoint, and a presentation to put together for tomorrow. So it’s back to reality for now...
Saturday, November 17, 2007
It seems I have inherited the blogging gene that the rest of the family has. Or, should I say, I was peer pressured into it. Mikey set the whole thing up for me, which was the only thing really holding me back. He told me about it months later and I told him I’d think about giving in. So, here I am!I am super busy right now. I know I always say I’m busy, but usually I’m just lying so you think I’m being a good student. This semester has been the hardest so far, and on top of that I’m taking the GREs in 2 weeks and I’m trying to get grad school applications ready. Don’t let me fool you though, I’m doing everything but work right now (hence the blog…) My room is clean, my laundry is done, and I refolded all the clothes in my drawers. So you can expect to see a lot of posts here for the next 3 weeks :)