Monday, March 16, 2009

day 3


Hm. Color me stumped. I’m not very crafty. I can’t really cook (unless ramen in the microwave counts). I don’t know how to make baba ganoush or tie a bow tie. Would you like to know how to make a birdhouse? I am not the girl to ask.

So I’m totally stealing someone else’s skill.

See this pretty basket of flower cookies? I didn’t even make them!



Esther made these as favors for a shower. Maybe when Lisa was preggers with Maeve? Anyway, they were a hit and they tasted delish. Start by buying a few different flower cookie cutters. Maybe add a butterfly or lady bug in there too. Make a bunch of cookies, frost them, decorate them, all that jazz. (What, you want the recipe? Uh, ask Esther.) Wrap them in clear cellophane, after the frosting is dry, and tie with a pretty ribbon. I honestly don’t know how the stick was attached- taped inside the cellophane? Outside? Was it baked into the cookie? Esther, help a girl out. Anyway, put one of those green floral sponge things in a basket and stick the cookies in there. Cover with Easter grass. Oh, and don’t forget to hand them out to people when they leave! (We would never do that…)

No comments: