Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Recap

When we were little, it was tradition to sleep in the same room on Christmas Eve. (Well, actually, we usually slept in the same room every night but that's beside the point...) Dad would come in and read The Night Before Christmas and we laughed every time he made puking noises as he read "...and he threw up the sash." Louis and I would wake up at about 5 AM and everyone would tell us we had to sleep for another hour before we could wake up Mom and Dad. As a rule, we had to make coffee before we woke them up.

This year, Louis and were in the den watching a movie after everyone left the big Christmas Eve party. I woke up at about 3 AM and realized that we were both sleeping in the same room like we used to. At about 5, Lou told me we had to go up to bed because otherwise Santa wouldn't come.

Even though Christmas is way different than it used to be, I coudn't have been happier. I got plenty of time loving Addie, saw Maeve and Julia open tons of presents, and took a long nap with Miles. It was a very merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Esther said...

Hee, that just made me laugh to think of dad acting out sash vomit.