Sunday, November 25, 2007

some good advice for everyone

Thanksgiving weekend was awesome. I got to relax for a few days and didn’t even look at most of the homework I brought home. I didn’t get quite as much sleep as I hoped for… because Julia slept in my bed with me on Thursday and Friday nights. Before bed on Thursday, my mom gave Julia some tips. She told her to tell Aunt Mooey not to snore, not to tickle her feet, not to wet the bed, and not to steal the blankets. At about 3 AM, I felt a little hand rubbing my face. I rolled over and asked what was wrong only to hear a groggy little voice say, “Aunt Mooey, don’t wet the bed.” We both giggled then went right back to sleep.

She woke up at about 7 AM on Friday and I was not ready to be awake. So I turned on some cartoons and went back to sleep. I was startled awake when Julia yelled, “look Mooey, there’s a mouse!” I shot up and looked around my room for the unwelcome rodent. I asked her to point to exactly where she saw the mouse. She pointed at the cartoon on TV.

This weekend was a nice preview of what Christmas break will be like. Only 3 weeks left!

No comments: