Sunday, May 18, 2008

and i'm done

I graduated yesterday! It's very bittersweet. I've been saying for months that I'm ready to be done, ready to move out, and ready to move on to grad school. I'm done living in a house of five girls among the mess and the drama. I am (almost) done with closing the bar down in the most uncomfortable heels I own. I really loved college but believe it or not, I think I am actually ready to grow up.

Last night was our last night out to celebrate with everyone before we all head our separate ways. I really shouldn't worry too much about not seeing my friends because a very large portion of Canisius students are from Buffalo. I'll keep in touch with the people I really care about and the rest, well I know I'll run into some them once in a while. We started the night at a friends house. Someone brought a couple bottles of (very cheap) champagne and we all toasted each other. We headed downtown for a few hours but ended the night at "our" bar, just like every other Saturday for the last 4 years. As our friends started to leave, people started to cry. Here we were, a group of drunk college graduates crying in a bar to "Livin' on a Prayer"... how appropriate.


the bff

Some of my "class friends" (the one on the left is going to Niagara with me in the fall)


two of my roommates

Mikey's done too!

No comments: