Thursday, April 17, 2008

Here I am at 10 PM just cracking open my book for a test tomorrow. I had better things to do today. Like go to the zoo! It was beautiful and sooo nice to get outside. (Note to self: your pasty Irish skin has been inside for months… sunscreen would’ve been nice). We missed the elephants but thankfully Maeve does a mean impression of them. The baby tigers were super cute, even if their names are ridiculous. I forgot my camera, but this was only the first of many trips to the zoo in the next few months!

It was an even better treat to get outside because I have been sick for the past couple days. Not I-just-don’t-feel-like-going-to-class sick but really miserable, stay in bed sick. I had a headache all day Monday, but nothing I couldn’t handle. I still went to work and I survived. By the time I left though, I felt like I had been run over by a truck. I got in bed at 6:30 and could. not. move. My room was spinning because I was so dizzy. I was freezing and sweating all at the same time. I slept on and off all night and I was having some crazy dreams. At one point, I woke up and I just knew this was a caffeine headache. (oh yeah, except I don’t drink coffee and I don’t drink that much diet coke...) I had a diet Pepsi in my room so I sprawled out in the middle of my floor at 2 AM and drank it, positive it would make my headache to go away. I went back to sleep and dreamed my bed was a pirate ship and the waves were rocking it back and forth. I think I was delusional. I called my mom in the morning and had her come pick me up. I went home for a couple days for some tlc and lots of sleep. I feel waaay better today, especially after being outside. And really, I could've gone to class yesterday, but I was just having more fun being at home watching Lifetime movies!

Well I really should get back to studying (er, i mean, start studying...)
2 weeks of class left and 29 days til graduation :)

No comments: