Monday, August 25, 2008

first day of school

I went home to Mom and Dad's for an awesome dinner last night (and enjoyed the leftovers again tonight!) and decided to spend the night there. I blamed it on the horrible rain storm but really just wanted the comfort of sleeping in my bed. I love my apartment and it is finally starting to feel like part of the every day routine, but there's nothing like sleeping in my bed at home. I set my alarm to leave East Aurora nice and early, but decided I was in no rush and went back to sleep for a bit. Mom made me some breakfast when I woke up and sent me on my way to get ready for my first day of school. I showered and fixed my hair and make up, but made sure to take my time and relax because I was feeling a bit anxious. College was not always easy, but there weren't many times I felt like it was too much work. (Except that friggan logic class. I'll never forget how much I hated that class.)

My friend came over and we drove to Niagara together with another girl from our program. They are neighbors but I'd never met her before today, so it was nice to get to know someone else I'll be spending the next 3 years with. There are only 10 people in our program, so we'll all get to know each other really well. Six of the 10 students all graduated from Canisius, so I already know most of them. We left super early because we had to pick our books up from the bookstore, but we still ended up having an hour before class started. We sat outside and met up with more people I graduated with, catching up on the summer and dreading the start of classes again.

We went into the classroom and our professor was already there. He's a young guy who seemed just as nervous as us. He assured us he knew how we felt because he was in our place at Niagara not too long ago. I think he calmed all of us down because he told us to call him Kevin and text him if we ever had to miss class or had a question about assignments. I really liked the class too. It's called Perspectives in School Psychology... pretty much school psych 101. Lots and lots of reading, which I expected, but not quite as much work as I thought we'd get for the semester. Oh! And he let us out an hour and a half early too!

Cross your fingers that class tomorrow goes this well!

No comments: