Monday, February 11, 2008

Cold Day!

Even though my house is freeeezing and my walk to class was brutal, the frigid temperature is so worth it. I have a cold day off from work because Buffalo schools are closed! Woooo!

I do love my job though. The kids are hilarious (most of the time) and I do feel like I'm making a difference (sometimes). I've been working with a group of 4th graders for the past few weeks on pages of homework everyday. If one kid in their class acts out, the teacher will add on a few extra pages of math homework for everyone. They end up spending the entire 3 hours doing homework instead of enjoying their after school program. I am always tempted to write that mean teacher a little note telling her to give these kids a break!

A lot of the kids, especially the girls, have been giving themselves haircuts (at home, thank God!). A little girl in kindergarten came in with the best mullet I've ever seen. Imagine this on a 5 year old girl...




I meant to post all the Christmas presents and hand made cards I got from the kids. I got some beautiful napkin rings, hand written books and even a half-eaten candy cane. This is the first (of many, I'm sure) Valentine picture I got.

I hope everyone has a fabulous "Vaentines" Day!


No comments: